Traveling with our dogs is getting easier. Years ago finding a hotel that will accept pets was complicated. Currently, things have changed and there are more and more establishments that accept animals, so the traveler has a wider range of possibilities to travel with his four-legged friend.
The 25 most pet-friendly countries in the world
From Trabber they tell us which are the best countries to travel with your pet. To elaborate on this ranking they have taken into account: countries with more than 1,000 hotels and cities with more than 50 hotels. A good way to discover in which destinations you will find more pet-friendly hotels and establishments. When traveling with your dog or dogs, Europe is the best destination and the one that makes it easier for the traveler (and the pet).
The best European country for traveling with pets is France with 53.05% of establishments that allow animals. It is followed by Germany with 49.14% and Italy with 46.53%. Spain ranks 17th in the ranking with 17.96% of pet-friendly hotels. The most complicated destinations to find establishments that accept pets are Indonesia, Malaysia, and Japan.
- France: 53.05% of establishments that accept pets.
- Germany: 49.14% of establishments that accept pets.
- Italy: 46.53% of hotels that accept dogs.
- Austria: 44.23% of pet-friendly establishments.
- Canada: 34.35% of hotels that accept pets.
- United States: 30.64% of establishments that accept pets.
- Holland: 28.82% of hotels that accept pets.
- Russia: 25.73% of hotels that accept pets.
- Greece: 21.72% of establishments that accept pets.
- Morocco: 21.36% of hotels that accept pets.
- Brazil: 18.11%
- Spain: 17.96%
- United Kingdom: 17.56%
- Mexico: 12.72%
- Portugal: 11.18%
- Turkey: 9.43%
- Vietnam: 6.38%
- Australia: 4.59%
- Thailand: 4.05%
- India: 3.74%
- China: 2.78%
- South Korea: 2.39%
- Indonesia: 1.76%
- Malaysia: 0.76%
- Japan: 0.47%
And you find it difficult to find pet friendly hotels ?